After thorough research, I have combined a list of our favorite ingredients here that we use in most of our products and their benefits to your pets. Even if a lot of these ingredients entail higher cost, we don’t want to skimp on your pets because they deserve the best we can offer. Our products are made to make every bite worthwhile!
- Bananas - Bananas contain potassium for proper fluid balance in your pet’s body. It also contains antioxidants and promotes good skin condition in pets. Ours is fresh from the market.
- Beef – one of our favorite hypoallergenic protein sources even if it is quite pricey. We source local and imported meats that has definitely more meat than fat to ensure that pets get a good helping of protein.
- Carrots - is a powerhouse of nutrients. Has antioxidants and phytonutrients, and is also essential for blood sugar regulation.
- Carob - it is the ultimate substitute for chocolate that is safe for pets. Carob powder is lower in fat than cocoa powder and has no caffeine. It also boasts vitamins B1, A, iron and other minerals. Our carob is imported from the USA.
- Cassava Starch - made from the root of the cassava plant, it is a good carbohydrate source for food-allergic pets. The digestibility of this kind of starch has been proven very good for dogs and cats alike.
- Chamomile Tea – it’s good for pets with an upset stomach and has calming properties. It also aids digestion and may promote good sleep for pets.
- Chicken – another favorite protein source, chicken is also a good source of fat that is good for pets. For sensitive pets, please read our labels as there are some pets allergic to poultry.
- Coconut Fiber - our coconut fiber is certified organic and is a dietary fiber. It is made from ground white coconut meat and a 12% of virgin coconut oil. Dietary fiber is good for overall digestion and specifically for cats, it is good for controlling hairballs.
- Eggs - the protein with the highest biological value. All our eggs are cooked and therefore packed with great protein.
- Gelatin – Gelatin contains glycine, an amino acid that has anti-inflammatory and brain-protective properties. It has also been effective in preventing arthritis and aiding degenerative joint diseases.
- Honey - is an allergy free source of energy. It’s a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Moringa Oleifera - we only use fresh moringa leaves. Is very nutritious and helps increase milk production. Another powerhouse of nutrients, moringa also contains essential amino acids, calcium and vitamin c. We get ours from a tree in our yard.
- Oats, whole rolled - the oats we use in our products are the least processed of all human-grade oats. Oats act as a general nerve tonic, calming nerves when necessary and contains an anti-tumor compound aside from being great for digestion.
- Ox Tripe – tripe is another nutritious protein source for pets.
- Parsley - Parsley is a nutrient powerhouse for pets. It is a rich source of antioxidants. Avoid using this herb during a dog’s pregnancy, or if the dog is suffering from inflammation of the kidneys. We only use parsley leaves and stalks from the market.
- Potatoes - a very good source of carbohydrates especially for sensitive pets. Ours is fresh from the market.
- Sweet Potatoes - another very good source of carbohydrates especially for sensitive pets. Ours is fresh from the market.
- Turmeric - this root offers a variety of great benefits. It’s anti-inflammatory which is good for joints of an elderly dog. It is beneficial to the digestion of fats in the liver. It contains anti-oxidants and contains anti-cancer properties and may prevent, control and kill several types of cancers. We use the dried and powdered form for superior concentrated benefits.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - our VCO is certified organic. This wonder oil has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antifungal properties and it can help your pet’s digestion and helps keep a good coat.Good for dogs, cats, birds, horses and other small animals.
- Yogurt – full of good bacteria, yogurt helps your pet’s intestinal flora and can help keep their gut healthy.
For information on poisonous plants/food/etc..please check the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. It is a great resource for checking what are okay for pets.
All Images and Text on this Web site are copyrighted by the Whole Pet Kitchen and may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission from Whole Pet Kitchen.
Nothing on this site may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose.